Skip to Main Content
Navigated to Academic Policies - Grade Appeals.

Academic Policies

Grade Appeals

Grade Appeals

When a student wishes to appeal a grade: the student must first appeal to the instructor who assigned the grade in question.

Where there is no satisfactory remedy through appeal to the instructor, the student may file written appeal to the dean of the school in which the course is offered. The decision of the dean is final.

“NC” grades may not be changed to a grade except by means of a petition to the dean of the School involved. Such changes must be initiated by the instructor of the class or, in the instructor’s absence, the dean of the school offering the course and submitted to the Registrar. Such a petition must include a written explanation from the instructor of the class explaining the reasons for changing the grade and a signature of support from the dean of the school offering the course.

Petitions for the change of an NC grade must be submitted during the student’s term of residency at the Institute and are considered only under exceptional, extenuating circumstances.

Complaint Procedure

An individual may contact the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education for review of a complaint. The bureau may be contacted at 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400, Sacramento, CA 95833,, Tel: 916.431.6924, Fax: 916.263.1897.